We recently held a Special General Meeting to pass the resolution:. “Due to the effects of COVID19 making face-to-face interaction difficult, it is proposed to delay the Annual General Meeting by up to twelve months” and to have a discussion on the future of Worcester Arts Council. Here are the minutes of that Special General Meeting:
SGM Minutes 2072020
Do you want some ongoing funding for your organisation? Why not join in with the Worcester Community Lottery?
We are also looking for a new Secretary. The duties include preparing agendas for the AGM and the Executive Committee meetings, minuting the AGM and Executive Committee meetings, writing to members to inform them about their grants applications and other general duties. There are four Executive Committee meetings a year plus the AGM. The role comes with an Honorarium of £300 per year. Interested? Then get in touch! WorcsArts@btinternet.com
The remit of Worcester Arts Council is to ‘promote the arts in Worcester.’
One of the ways we do this is by awarding grants of up to £500. Some recently approved grants include:
- Vamos – £400 for a series of workshops
- Worcester Arts Workshop – £490 for a lighting desk
- Worcester Concert Club – £500 for a series of workshops
- All Sort of Performing Arts – £500 for a series of workshops
- Perdiswell Young People’s Club – £450 for promotional banners and flyers for a float for the Worcester Carnival
- Worcester Philharmonic Orchestra – £430 for a Glockenspiel
- Worcestershire Early Music – £500 for a series of workshops
- Worcester Arts Workshop – £500 for a set of speakers
We also provide two prizes for outstanding achievement in music and drama at “Worcester Competitive Arts Festival”
Congratulations to 2018’s winners Amelia Davies and Luke Swatman!