We would like to welcome Josef Baker as our new Secretary.
The AGM was held on Monday, 29th April. A number of changes to the membership benefits and grant application will be discussed at the next Executive Committee Meeting which will be held on Wednesday, 21st August 2019 at Perdiswell Young People’s Leisure Club.
The remit of Worcester Arts Council is to ‘promote the arts in Worcester.’
One of the ways we do this is by awarding grants of up to £500. Some recently approved grants include:
- All Sort of Performing Arts – £500 for a series of workshops
- Chamber Music @ Worcster – £500 for a series of workshops
- Opera Worcster – £500 guarante against loss for their show “Figaro”
- Perdiswell Young People’s Club – £450 for promotional banners and flyers for a float for the Worcester Carnival
- Worcester Sixth Form College – £500 for a Mural at the Worcester Arts Workshop
- Worcester Philharmonic Orchestra – £430 for a Glockenspiel
- Worcestershire Early Music – £500 for a series of workshops
- Salon Orchestra – £150 for a concert
- Worcester Society of Artists – £50 for a set of speakers
- Worcester Concert Club – £500 for a guitar workshop
- Worcester Arts Workshop – £500 for a set of speakers
We also provide two prizes for outstanding achievement in music and drama at “Worcester Competitive Arts Festival”
Congratulations to 2018’s winners Amelia Davies and Luke Swatman!