The remit of Worcester Arts Council is to ‘promote the arts in Worcester.’
One of the ways we do this is by awarding grants of up to £500. Some recently approved grants include:
- All Sort of Performing Arts – £500 for a series of workshops
- Chamber Music @ Worcster – £500 for a series of workshops
- Opera Worcster – £500 guarante against loos for their show “Figaro”
- Perdiswell Young People’s Club – £450 for promotional banners and flyers for a float for the Worcester Carnival
- Worcester Sixth Form College – £500 for a Mural at the Worcester Arts Workshop
- Worcester Philharmonic Orchestra – £430 for a Glockenspiel
- Worcestershire Early Music – £500 for a series of workshops
- Salon Orchestra – £150 for a concert
- Worcester Society of Artists – £50 for a set of speakers
- Worcester Concert Club – £500 for a guitar workshop
- Worcester Arts Workshop – £500 for a dance floor
We also provide two prizes for outstanding achievement in music and drama at “Worcester Competitive Arts Festival”
Congratulations to 2018’s winners Amelia Davies and Luke Swatman!
We are also are looking for a new secretary to prepare meeting agendas, takes minutes and deal with correspondence with members. It comes with an Honorarium of £300. Interested? Get in touch!